Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Friday, January 30, 2009

Like Tweet

An update from our seventh winner!

PhotobucketHello, my name is Katrina, and I was the lucky winner of Fluff Friday Week 7. I’m blessed to be a stay at home mom to our two wonderful little boys, Ian (who will be 3 in April) and Brendan (who will be 1 in March). My cloth diapering addiction began in late May 2008 when Brendan was two and a half months old. I was tired of filling the local landfill with dirty diapers, and wanted to find something more environmentally and friendly. I began my research and was pleasantly surprised with all of the cloth diapering options that I found. My first cloth purchase was the bumGenius One Size Diaper sample package from Kelly’s Closet. I quickly fell in love with the BumGenius diapers and shortly thereafter ordered a 24 pack cloth diaper starter package. This began my journey into the world of cloth diapers.

On the Friday morning before Christmas, I sat down at my computer with a cup of coffee juPhotobucketst as I do every morning. I checked my blog for updates on the blogs I that follow and was excited to find my name in the Fluff Friday winner box. I never win anything, so I actually thought, it must be another Katrina, certainly not me. Once it sunk in, I was thrilled to realize that I was the new owner of two cute new Bumwear one size pocket diapers, as well as a zippered Jam Tots wet bag. Even with the busy Christmas mail holiday, I received my new diapers the following Friday. I was beyond thrilled when I opened the package to find the two prints I would have chosen myself. It’s only been a few weeks, but so far I really like the diapers. I love the soft fleece that touches Brendan’s skin and the leg snaps work well to get a good fit around his thighs. With most of my cloth diaper stash being solid colors, I love putting Brendan in fun prints when we’re at home so I can see the cute diapers. As for the Jam Tots wet bag, it works great for a quick afternoon out now that I only have one child in diapers. My other wet bag only has a drawstring, so it isn’t as good at keeping the smell of a dirty diaper contained. Oh, and I’ve found one other fantastic use for my Jam Tots wet bag - it’s the perfect solution of where to put my momma cloth between washings. It’s waterproof, zippered and just the right size. Thanks again Kelly for the wonderful new fluff and stuff.

- By Katrina

13 comments:

Minnie said...

Your kids are adorable. Love the fluffy butts! :)

3LittleFlowers said...

Amanda: That is actually just ONE. He is too cute, isnt he??

Angela said...

Those are so cute...

Minnie said...

Oh!!! LOL... my mistake. Yes, he is adorable.

Sara in Seattle said...

How cute! And I like the Jamtots bags, too--my mom stole mine for her aqua aerobics class so I'm trying out a Planet Wise now for the first time, too.

Serena Michelle said...

I've been swamped so I've been a little behind is checking/following the blog all week.

I think it's awesome you were able to win something different - gives you the opportunity to try something you wouldn't ordinarily think about buying... The diapers look GREAT on your little one! Action shots are far superior and I *LOVE* the turtle print...

Now I'm going to have to add that to my ever growing wish list!

Serena Michelle said...

Ok, so you're seriously all going to laugh at me. I broke down and ordered 2 of the Bumwear diapers with the turtle print - 1 blue and 1 green. *LOL*

However, I was able to use a gift certificate I earned from all my Diaper Dollars reward points for the numerous other purchases I've made.

So, ladies, it truly does pay to shop at Kelly's Closet!!!

Just thought I would share!

Dani said...

Your Brendan is a adorable - I have a Brendan too, he turns 1 in April.

Serena Michelle said...

Katrina - I was admiring the pictures again and I noticed little Brendan's nose looks a little orange... does he happen to love eating sweet potatoes or carrots? My daughter's nose looked orange for the longest time and we couldn't quite understand why until I read somewhere that diets rich in beta carotene can cause an orange tint to the skin.

Of course this may just be the shading in the photo.. in which case don't mind me. I just thought it was cute to see another little baby with a "carrot" nose.

Katrina said...

Serena - Yes, his nose does tend to look a little orange in pictures for some reason. He does enjoy carrots and sweet potatoes, but he doesn't really eat too many these days. What's funny, is that in person, you don't see the color, but in most pictures you do. His big brother was the same way at this age...not sure what it is about my boys and their noses. :P

MaineMomma said...

I love the prints! Maybe some day I'll have a boy (DD#3 due in March), but those prints are so cute, I'd definitely put them on any of my girls! Thanks for sharing your sweet pics and experience using Bumwear diapers... they're on my wishlist, but not in my budget quite yet... gotta build up some fluff in newborn size!

Erika said...

Adorable little one :)
Thanks for sharing your story.

Tami Tripp said...

I've never used a wet bag. It's a great idea to use a small one for your diaper bag. I always use old newspaper bags.