Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Like Tweet

The Great Cloth Diaper Change

In 2011, my 13 month old son and I participated in the very first world record setting event known as The Great Cloth Diaper Change. That year we attended the event in Loveland, Colorado- home to the wonderful Thirsties. Our swag bag, which was creatively a Thirsties DELUXE Diaper Duffel instead of a reusable grocery bag, was fairly basic but included a Thirsties Duo Diaper, the first Thirsties diaper I'd ever used.

I had so much fun meeting other cloth diapering parents that I couldn't wait for the next event. That year, my husband graciously attended the Denver event with me, so we could check out all the awesomeness that is Kanga Care, makers of the awesome Rumparooz diaper. Hubs changed our 6 month old daughter and I changed our 2 year old son. We used our GroVia diapers, though we had received a Rumparooz One Size Diaper for each of them in our swag bag. How fun!

This year, we participated in the Denver event again. We picked up a new Kanga Care Changing Pad, which they had on major sale at their boothe. Our swag bag included all kinds of goodies, including a set of Bamboobies Nursing Pads (which I can't wait to use this coming August when baby #3 makes his or her way into the world) and a piece of Jellystone silicone jewelry.

Since that first year, this Guinness Book of World Records event has gone from just over 5,000 participants at 127 locations to well over 8,000 participants (totals are not in yet) at 181 locations.

I'd encourage any parent or caretaker interested in or who is currently using cloth diapers to attend a local event. We drove over an hour to participate and it was really worth it! It would also be a fun event to invite a friend you are trying to convert to. The swag bags at many of the locations are super awesome but the best part of the change is meeting other moms and dads who share your passion for fluff. Not to mention all of the new cloth diaper brands and awesome natural parenting products you get a chance to see, touch and ask about.

I can't wait for next year’s event and I hope to see YOU there, or at least I hope you'll participate somewhere near you!


Mindy is mommy to two spunky kids who have both been clothed diapered mostly from birth! She can often be found stalking Kellys Closet for no reason or trying something “crunchy” like washing her hair with baking soda! Follow along (when she has time) at neckdeepinlove.blogspot.com.

No comments: