Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Like Tweet

Meet April's Spotlight MOM: Angie


Name: Angie

Hometown: Montclair, NJ

Mom to: Alanna, 16; Spencer, 12; Piper, 3.5; Ruby, 22 months

Occupation: Financial Administrator, cook, maid, comforter, taxi driver, argument-diffuser, MOM

Fav Cloth Diapers: bumGenius.

What is one cloth diapering tip you wish you had gotten at the very start?
Don't get overwhelmed- there's a lot to learn! Choose the easiest type (for me, it was pockets) and go from there. There is always time to branch out. And don't feel guilty if you're not into the latest fad diaper… fads come and go, stick with what you like and don't feel you have to try everything.

What baby product could you not live without?

My baby carriers!!!! Mainly the Beco, but when the girls were smaller my wraps were indispensable. I would never make it without a good carrier.

What are your TOP 5 favorite websites?
www.thebabywearer.com; www.sting.com; www.ebay.com; www.hyenacart.com; www.etsy.com

What is your favorite thing about being a mom?
The hugs and kisses I get when I come home from work; and the pride I feel when I see my older two growing into amazing young adults.

If you had a free day to yourself, what would you spend it doing?
I'd go into New York City and spend the morning exploring boutiques in the Village, pick up a good book and have lunch at my favorite restaurant, L'Express on 20th & Park. I'd eat a leisurely lunch of onion soup and a croque monsieur with nobody climbing on me, have a couple of Stella Artois and read my book. I'd go to the Cloisters museum for the afternoon and soak in the beautiful medieval artifacts. I'd finish off the day with a Middle-Eastern dance class at my teacher, Morocco's, studio.

What is your parenting style?
Laid back, attachment, mostly mellow, slow to anger but I'm too easily annoyed. I get over it quickly though. I tease my kids often and we laugh a lot. I'm the gooey-softie parent; my husband is a better disciplinarian than me.

What's your "go-to" dinner on a busy night? Sausage & peppers, baby!! YUM!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Hehe, I like your occupation description. =)