Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Like Tweet

The Amazing Impact of Cloth Diapers!

It is absolutely amazing the impact cloth diapering has had on me. I have went from being semi-green and doing things that i thought were the simple things to do green to finding out that most of the things I thought would be too hard are really easy.

When I first started to cloth diaper my son I thought I would never do cloth wipes. I figured it involved making a solution in a case every day and that it would make it hard. I now realize it is actually very easy. I make my solution using Kissaluvs diaper lotion potion concentrate and I mix it with witch hazel into a spray bottle and all I do is spray a dry wipe and wipe my sons bum. I usually can use just one FuzziBunz wipe, even with poopy diapers. With disposables I felt like everything just smeared around and I had to use multiple wipes. It makes me happy to know that something so gentle is going on my sons bottom.

I also used to use paper towels and now I have started using cloth napkins. I love the feeling of cloth compared to paper and its not any extra laundry wise because I throw them right in with our clothes. I have recently discovered "mama cloth" and the Diva cup and I am now working on starting to purchase a complete set to start on my next cycle and I am excited to be less wasteful and also to quit putting something toxic in my body! I also have found the amber teething necklace and my son has been wearing it since he began teething and he never has needed any teething medicine and he barely drools unless i forget to put it on right away in the morning. I have also along the way realized I am not alone in loving to breastfeed and baby wear and also co-sleep.

I don't have any friends who parent like I do and have come to find out that a lot of mommas who cloth diaper also share a lot of the parenting choices as I do and I suddenly feel less alone and more like a part of a great group. I guess the point I am trying to get to is that cloth diapers have changed my whole life style, I think they have made me a better person . I love to cloth diaper, it makes me feel like I am making a difference and it doesn't hurt that my little mans fluffy butt is absolutely adorable!

I am constantly trying to convert people I know to the "crunchier" ways of living and I hope I make some impact along the way. If even one person decides to cloth diaper because I showed them how easy it is I will be thrilled. If you are new to cloth diapering or thinking about it, just try it! I guarantee you will realize it is much easier then it seems in your head. Good luck!

Rachel is a stay at home, proud cloth diapering mom and wife to an amazing husband, 6 year old son, 4 year old daughter and 8 month old son who loves being green and teaching others how easy it is to be green. She is passionate about breastfeeding and organic living and loves to shop for cloth diapers.

1 comment:

Marica said...

Give please link to the rss feed. Reply to this same topic. Good work, guys! Happy New year, guys!