Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Monday, January 2, 2012

Like Tweet

Cloth for Christmas

Back when I first became pregnant, I knew I wanted to cloth diaper. I started researching like there was no tomorrow because I knew that I must know all I can before pitching this idea to my husband. He is the kind of guy that does an absurd amount of research before buying anything and I wanted to be ready for any questions he had for me. I had pages bookmarked and facts ready to go and so we sat down to have 'the talk'.

After I finished pitching the idea to him, he told me he didn't like the idea of poo in the same washer that washes our clothes. How do you combat that? I told him that a washer gets things CLEAN so its no big deal but he was stuck. No poo in the washer. I had hit an impasse. That is when I began talking to a friend of mine that told me a few ways to get him to change his mind. She told me to just remind him that once baby was born, we would be getting lots of baby poo, spit up, and other fun stuff on our clothes and we would want to wash those, right?

So with that, he gave in and told me I could do it. Then we hit a rough patch in our life and we didn't have the money necessary to even get the smallest of starter sets so I had to put the idea of cloth on the back burner. Fast forward 7 months and things are finally going better and my husband says its ok to go ahead and order the diapers. That was a wonderful day!

I said a silent prayer that they would get here by Christmas (one of my presents) and then the waiting game began. Two and a half weeks passed and than a package showed up! I ripped into it and pulled them out to see how soft and pretty they are. I immediately threw them to wash so I could put them on Marshal as soon as possible. This is day 2 for him in cloth diapers and he loves them. He even sits relatively still when I put them on him (he loves rolling, especially during diaper changes). I even put him in my husbands favorite diaper first and so far he seems to be getting better with it but I am still doing the changing and the laundry. I'm alright with it though, its more than worth it to me. I know my husband will get better and more supportive with time. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best Christmas ever!

Bio: Jessica is a 24 year old stay at home mom to my 7 month old little boy.

No comments: