Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Like Tweet

With These Three Powers Combined

When I found out I was pregnant, I knew almost immediately that I wanted to use cloth diapers – better for the environment and better for my wallet. A win-win. I began researching and reading the Cloth Diaper Whisperer Blog like crazy. I found some of the information helpful, but I knew that I needed to experiment on my own. So I began the process of figuring out the perfect system for me. And although I’m still working things out a bit, I have found a few accessories that are must-haves.

Number one, by far my FAVORITE accessory: flushable liners. When people inquire about cloth diapers, look at me like I’m crazy, or ask that typical “What about the poop?” question, I always respond with an explanation of my flushable liners. They have made cloth diapering manageable for me. I don’t have to figure out how many times to swish around the diaper in the toilet, or fear staining on my brand new (oh so cute) diapers. Instead, I place a liner in every diaper and pop the diaper on my little one. If he poops, clean up is not too bad – just flush it all down with the liner. If he doesn’t, I just toss the liner in the trash, and I’m done. The liners are great for on the go too.

I also love my little wet bag for when we’re out and about. I don’t think it’s possible to cloth diaper outside of the house without one. I carry mine in my diaper bag, so that if I need to change a diaper while we’re out, I simply place the dirty one inside the wet bag and zip it up. It keeps the stench in and keeps the dirty diaper away from everything else.


When I’m at home, I use different accessories. And one of my new favorites is my drying rack. It’s nothing special – just a typical white metal drying rack, but it means two very important things. One, I don’t have to cough up five quarters every time I wash diapers to put them in the dryer. And two, I can have sun-dried diapers every time.

With these three powers combined, cloth diapering has become way easier to manage, keep up with, and continue no matter what situation I’m in. I’m still learning a lot about cloth diapers, since my little guy is only three months old. I am bound to find other accessories that help me along the way, but for now these three are keeping me going and helping me realize that cloth diapering doesn’t have to be that difficult.

Bio: Aimee is a new mom and a new cloth diaperer. To learn more about her attempts at green and ethically living, check out her blog at www.littlechoices.org.

No comments: