Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Like Tweet

June Spotlight Dad

Jonathan Mason

My wife and I have been together since we were 15, we have two beautiful children, Alexia, age 5, and Aiden, age 18 months. We began using cloth when Alexia was 9 months, and have never looked back.

What is the #1 reason you cloth diaper your baby? I like cloth because it saves money, what guy doesn't like to save money? I also found that disposable diapers smell really strongly like chemicals, and cloth obviously doesn’t.

Who has been your biggest cloth diapering supporter/cheerleader? My wife is the one that started us on our cloth journey. At first, I was skeptical and refused to even change the cloth diapers. But one day she was sick and I had no choice. I fell in love. I'm even guilty of bragging about our diaper choice to family and friends, but don't tell her that.

What is your favorite diaper and why? My favorite diapers are Softbums. They are really easy for me to use, there is no stuffing involved, and i can't mess anything up. I like the way the insert snaps in, everything always fits over them, and they are easy to adjust.

If you had one superhero power, what would it be and why? The ability to read my wife's mind. I think it would stop a ton of arguments before they even start, and keep me out of the doghouse. Yea, that would be a good superpower. Way better than flying, right?

Describe your parenting style using three words. fun, laidback, sucker

What is one product you absolutely can't live without? flushable diaper liners

How do you think being a father has changed you? We were 19 when we had our first child (Alexia), so we grew up fast. All night video game sessions were quickly replaced by all night rocking and making up songs. I learned how to eat with one hand while holding a baby with the other. I learned how strong my wife is, and how tender I can be. Being a father wipes out the person you were before your child is born, and rebuilds you into someone you never imagined you would be.

No comments: