Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Like Tweet

20 Reasons Why Cloth Diapering is Awesome

Save the planet! Cloth diapers are much more economical than disposable diapers. Go green!

Save some money! Cloth diapers also cost much less than disposable diapers in the long run. You get
even more bang for your buck if you use your diapers for more than one child!

Fluffy butt! Seriously, I love great big fluffy butts on little babies.

The cuteness factor, of course! Is there anyone anywhere in the world who thinks a cloth diaper isn't cute? I think not!

They can last more than one child. This is a HUGE money-saving factor when cloth diapering.

May aid in quicker potty learning/training. Certain diapers and materials allow your little one to feel wet (though many, if not most, cloth diapers have a stay-dry feel). Some people believe that cloth diapers that allow little ones to feel wet can help them potty learn/train faster since they already know what wet is. I have no experience here yet, but I do find the theory very interesting!

They have great resale value. They really do – I've even seen some with 75% resale value! Sometimes more if it's a hard to find print. (Though I think that's the exception and not the norm.) This is especially helpful when your little one has outgrown old diapers and you need new ones!

You always have a conversation piece. At the playground, the library, the mall, anywhere! There's always a curious person or two to ask about your cloth diapers. Have fun showing them off!

You can coordinate with outfits! You know how clothing companies make those little bloomers to go under dresses? If you cloth diaper, you don't need those! Just pick a diaper that matches the dress and you are good to go! The same can be said with t-shirts, shorts, anything! Boys don't have to be left out either – I'm sure they like their diapers to match their clothes, too!

All the pretty colors! A cloth diaper rainbow is a beautiful thing. And how fun is it for your little one to pick out his/her next diaper by color? It's a great learning opportunity!

No poo-splosions. Enough said.

No middle-of-the-night runs for diapers. While I can't promise you won't ever have to stay up late to finish your wash load, you'll never have to run out to the store in the middle of the night to pick up more diapers. They are all at home already!

'Cause getting fluffy mail is the best! The days that cloth diapers come in the mail are so exciting! I love getting new diapers and accessories.

Fewer rashes! Our daughter wore disposables for the first three weeks of her life, and she had a rash almost the entire time (she is VERY sensitive). As soon as we switched to cloth full time, the rash was gone. It was awesome!

Less diaper cream. If you don't have as many rashes, then you don't need as much diaper cream (which is crazy expensive, if you ask me).

They are so soft! I know I'd much rather have soft fabric against my skin than paper. I'm sure my little one feels the same!

It's satisfying to see freshly laundered and folded/stuffed diapers. I love a drawer (or basket) full of fluff all ready to go.

When it's hot, cloth diapers can be an entire outfit! I can't tell you how many days my daughter wore only a cloth diaper in the summer because it was so hot, and she looked adorable doing it! Just be careful doing this as your little one gets older. We learned the hard way that our now toddler knew how to remove her aplix diaper on her own. Doh!

They are so easy! Other than washing them, cloth diapers are no different than disposable diapers, especially if you use aplix types. And who hasn't done a load of laundry?

There's a style and option for every family! The amount of cloth diapers available to us is astounding.

There are diapers for every one! There are expensive, trendy diapers. There are inexpensive, "workhouse" diapers. There are middle of the road diapers (what makes up our stash). There are pockets, all-in-ones, fitteds, prefolds, flats, covers, etc. The list can go on and on! Everyone can find at least one kind of cloth diaper that works for them and their baby.

Bio: Jennifer Esposito - I've been cloth diapering my daughter, Adele, for a little over a year. She wore her first cloth diaper when she was 6 days old and was in them full time at 3 weeks. I've been married to my best friend for 4 years. I'm an editor by trade, and during my free time I like to run, sew, or read.

3 comments:

Jess Long said...

I love your articals JTHe main reason I am going to CD my next (maybe baby) is that the thought of my first child's (now 7) Genie wrapped perfectly preserved pampered butt poo makes me gag. Plus You can Make fitted and prefold with very little sewing know how and from what I understand you can do a flat with anything! dish towels pillow cases, receiving blanket! throw a cover over your emergency situation and go

esteffani morales said...

They really do spark up conversations. I always get tons of question by other moms wanting to know how to use them.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#20527]lasix cost[/url] - lasix no prescription , http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#8091 cheap generic lasix