Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Like Tweet

Why I Love My Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag

When people ask me if I like cloth diapering, I reply with an enthusiastic “Yes!” There are so many things I really LOVE about cloth diapering—saving money, helping the environment, keeping yucky chemicals off of my baby’s bum, not to mention they are just so darn cute! However, there is one thing that I don’t love about cloth diapers—the bulk! I didn’t really anticipate this issue until after my son was born and I went to pack the diaper bag for our first outing. Two of my Bumgenius 4.0 diapers took up the same amount of space as a whole day’s worth of disposables! I felt like I was hauling around a carryon suitcase by the time I fit everything I needed in the diaper bag! I finally found a solution to my problem when I came across the Planet Wise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag.

If I was going to be going out for a long time, I started only packing a couple cloth diapers in my diaper bag along with a small Planet Wise wet bag, and putting the rest of the diapers in the dry side of my hanging wet/dry bag. If I was going to be in one place all day, like a friend’s house, then I would carry in both the diaper bag and the wet/dry bag so I would have all of my clean diapers in the dry side, and then put the soiled ones in the wet side. However, if I was going to be going several places throughout the day, like shopping, for example, I would leave the hanging wet/dry bag in the car and just refill my diaper bag with clean diapers as needed, and empty the soiled diapers from my small wet bag into the larger one. This way I only needed to carry my diaper bag with me.

Now that my baby is older and doesn’t require as many diapers or as much “stuff,” I just carry the small wet bag and one cloth diaper in my purse and leave the wet/dry bag, loaded with extra diapers, wipes, and a spare outfit, in the car. I also love this bag for overnight trips, whether we’re in a hotel or staying with family, because its generous size allows me to pack a couple day’s worth of diapers in the dry side, and then the wet side contains all of the stink and mess. This bag is by far my favorite cloth diapering accessory. It can’t change the fact that cloth diapers are bulky, but it sure helps make outings easier and more fun! Did I mention that these bags come in all sorts of cute colors and prints?!

Above is a picture of my hanging wet/dry bag filled with 12 "double stuffed" (stuffed with the newborn insert and regular insert) Bumgenius 4.0 diapers, and there's still room to spare!

Bio: Jessica is a stay at home wife and mommy in Louisville, KY. When she's not chasing around her almost one year old baby boy, she enjoys cooking, spending time with friends, and being outside.

No comments: