Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Like Tweet

Tips For Two


My sons ended up being 14 months apart. It isn't quite how we planned our family, but I imagine the future and I know I will love it. Right now it's as if I have two babies and obvious they are both in diapers. Now that I’ve had two in diapers for about a month, I have a few tips for those who might be doing the same thing.

Get a big pail.
When the newborn is going through 8-10 diapers a day and the 1 year old is going through 4-5, the diapers really add up. Having a large pail has made it comfortable to wash every 2-3 days. And the Planetwise pail liners fit my large pail just fine.

Get two pail liners.

With this many diapers, there is always a load being washed, dried, or folded. There are also many diapers being used. So I always have the pail ready for diapers even during wash day.

Get one-size diapers that snap down.
Since my baby is starting to fit into the one-size diapers, the snap-down options are my favorite because I can quickly and easily adjust the diapers to fit either child. Right now my favorite diaper is Bottombumpers because they actually fit both my little 9 pounder and my 20 pound baby with just a quick snap down. They are also considered an all-in-one diaper because the lining snaps in and stays snapped in during washes. That leads me to my next point.

Invest in a few all-in-one diapers.
With the demand of two babies, it's nice to know that if I get behind,vcv c cvv cVB x there are some diapers that I can just grab and go and don't need to search for an insert. Plus I'm a little up-tight and the inserts need to match the correct brand of diaper. I can't be the only person like that, right?

Choose snap closure over velcro.
With that said, I have many velcro diapers and the husband just requested more velcro diapers. They are easier and make sense to most everyone. I like velcro diapers as well, but they don't have the longevity that I need since the diapers are getting twice the usage. Velcro sometimes attaches itself to other diapers in the wash cycle and old velcro diapers lose their stick after awhile. Snaps usually don't fail. And after the poop fiasco for 2010, I don't use velcro diapers for naps any more.

Diapering two isn't all that much more work than diapering one, so I wouldn't let it scare anyone away. And since some diapers are looking shabby, it might be time to buy a few more, right?

Bio: Alicia is an 8th grade English and Drama teacher and is a pretty crunchy momma. She shares her Arizona home with a wonderful husband, energetic 4 year old, sweet 15 month old, adorable 1 month old, 1 crazy dog, and 8 happy chickens.


Would you like to be a contributor on The Cloth Diaper Whisperer? We're always looking for creative writers who would like to share their cloth diapering tips. To find out more Contact Us

No comments: