Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Like Tweet

Cool Cloth Diaper Dads

I am currently winning a bet at work. More specifically, I am winning a bet that says that I would never be able to stick with using cloth diapers on my son for more than a week or two. My son is now 15 months old and still is wearing them. I am now a cloth diapering dad.

Before my son was born, I didn’t have a lot of experience with babies, let alone with diapers. And when you said cloth diapers, I imagined a thin piece of fabric (far too thin for what it was containing!) and a gigantic safety pin. I imagined having to memorize a million complicated types of origami folds. I imagined being covered from head to toe in…you know.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that modern cloth diapers were different. They incorporate a lot of technology and thought that I didn’t anticipate. Plus, they are easy to use! My favorites are definitely bumGenius Freetimes. I reach for them first, although I use everything in our collection: even the fitteds.

Over the past 15 months, I have become convinced that cloth diapers are

  1. Good for our baby (no rash)
  2. Good for the environment (no trash)
  3. Good for our wallet (no throwing money away)
My wife has been a driving force behind our family’s decision to start using cloth diapers, but I am definitely part of the decision to continue using them, especially since I probably change a dozen or two diapers and fold a dozen or two more over the course of the week. I even help stuff them.

I wish that I had put some money down when I made that initial bet; I’m so invested that our next kid will wear cloth diapers too. After all, I am now a cloth diapering dad!

Bio: Jeff lives in Los Angeles with his wife and toddler son.


Would you like to be a contributor on The Cloth Diaper Whisperer? We're always looking for creative writers who would like to share their cloth diapering tips. To find out more Contact Us

No comments: