Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Like Tweet

The Whisperer & Her Best Friend: Adventure # 1

I have been friends with Jenn for close to 30 years. We always have a blast together. I couldn't ask for a more caring, compassionate person in my life. I think of her as my sister. Here is something she wrote about one of our many adventures. (more to follow in later posts)


Written by Jenn F.- Blog Contributor and Best Friend of The Cloth Diaper Whisperer:

They say it takes a long time to grow an old friend. For me, that journey has been 28 years in the making. I first met Kelly Wels in second grade when her family moved into our little town. She has been my best friend ever since. Needless to say, we've made a lot of memories in that time. (Many of which will eventually be documented in my future bestseller, but, for right now, aren't quite ready for "prime time blogging.")

One of our favorite activities is taking the occasional road trip and, let me tell you, traveling with The Cloth Diaper Whisperer is never boring. For instance, there was the time that we decided to spend the weekend in Boston and take in a couple of baseball games. This was really exciting for me because I am an avid Red Sox fan. Kelly... well, not so much. But in all fairness, she's learning more and more every day and has even gone so far as to declare Big Papi her favorite player.

Kelly had very efficiently printed out directions from the internet on how to get to our hotel, which we'd followed effortlessly into the city. By Sunday night, it was time to head back home, so as I climbed into the passenger seat, I flipped through the pages of directions, looking for the page with directions on how to take us home.

Not finding one, I said to Kelly, "Where are the directions for getting back to Maine?" Kelly just laughed at me, sighed, and said, "Gee, Jenn, we don't need those! Think about it-- we'll just reverse the directions that got us here!"

Boy, did I feel stupid! It seemed so logical...Until we realized that Boston has a lot of one-way streets, many of which we drove down on our way there-- and Bostonians don't appreciate it very much when you drive the wrong way up those one-way streets!

A few close calls and one desperate, panic-stricken cell phone conversation to Kelly's husband, Scott, and we were finally headed north once again.

For the most part, it was a great weekend... the Sox won both of their games against the Orioles and we miraculously got home alive!... and usually just making it out alive is what Kelly and I hope for!

Stay tuned for more adventures of Jenn and Kelly (aka "The Cloth Diaper Whisperer")!

No comments: