Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Like Tweet

A Family Affair

It all began when I was introduced to the world of cloth diapering with my 15 month old. A friend used them, they were cute, and it saved money! So, I ordered my first three pack of Fuzzibunz.

It was love at first sight...and smell...and touch! I soon began ordering more, stalking the online shops and making room in our budget for more cloth, so that I'd have enough cloth diapers and never have to buy disposables.

When I had enough for my 15 month old, I realized that I was still buying disposables for my 2 1/2 year old for night time and naps, and discovered I was pregnant, again! I soon put cloth diapering on hold, and got rid of the stash I had acquired. I felt like I was wasting money on cloth, "special" detergent, and electricity by just cloth diapering one of my soon to be three children. I didn't have the money at the time to buy enough cloth to fully diaper three kids.

Sometime in mid pregnancy, after reading my brains out about cloth diapers and how to make it work with all of my children, I decided that I was going to make it work. I was determined to be a cloth diapering family, from newborn to toddlers.

I started over, regretting ever stopping and letting go of my dear stash. I started with diapers for the baby on the way, since she was going to be using them the most! With all of the coupons Kelly's Closet has, I had her stash ready in no time! From pocket diapers, pre-folds and covers, wet bags and detergents, we were set! Except...the toddlers. Remember, all of the kids Shay, stop wasting money on disposables! After more research, I ended up purchasing a few large Thirsties covers and some pre-folds for my 32 and 35lb toddlers. They only needed them at nap time and night time. A week later, all of our children had their own diapers and we had enough to stop buying them! Two weeks later, we ran out of disposables and we have yet to buy any more!

We were finally a 100% cloth diapering family! Even Daddy will change the diapers, knowing that we are saving a good amount of money, x3! Our toddlers love picking what color diaper they want before bed, and I love changing, washing, drying, smelling and admiring them! Here's to no more disposables!
By Shay

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I cannot wait to have more kids to see the savings add up from cd!!

Ashley said...

What diapers would you recommend for a 13 month old? We used bumgenius 3.0 when he was born, and stopped when we moved using cloth diapers. I want to get back into it. I'm not sure if my bumgenius's will do the trick now that he is older.

Ashley said...

What diapers would you recommend for a 13 month old? We used bumgenius 3.0 when he was born, and stopped when we moved using cloth diapers. I want to get back into it. I'm not sure if my bumgenius's will do the trick now that he is older.