Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Like Tweet

Meet December's Spotlight MOM: Bec Touzel

Name: Bec Touzel

City: Sydney, Australia

Mom to: Abigail Rose (pictured)

Why did you decide to cloth diaper?
I love the idea of not creating so much waste and looking after my baby's sweet bum (plus they look so much cuter than disposables!). I also like that I am continuing the generational trend. I hope Abbie decides to use cloth just like her mum!

What is it like being an Aussie mum?
The sun and surf play is a big part of our lives here in Australia - so everyone is quite focused on skin care, sun-sense and swimming lessons. I think a lot of us also forget that children aren't preparing for life during their growing years, they're actually living life in the here and now (so piano lessons, French classes and ballet aren't necessary at all!).

What is your best, simply can't-live-without-mum-product?
Definitely, hands-down, the Ergo Baby Carrier! Abbie goes everywhere with me at work - and I have both hands free!
   
What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Have a snuggle session in bed with my husband and sweet baby, and then change that pooey nappy!

What is the biggest cloth diaper challenge for you?
Figuring out night nappies - she's a super-duper wee-er at night!

What is your favorite part about being a cloth diapering mum?
That there are no panic trips to the shops to buy nappies because we're out. They're so easy to look after. And I secretly love the looks on people's faces when you say that you use cloth! Priceless!

What super power do you wish you had?
To slow time so my house would always be clean and so I could enjoy this time with my family more!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I, also, LOVE that look on people's faces when I tell them I am cloth diapering!

Laura said...

I also love that look on people's faces when I tell them we're cloth diapering! Also fun to see people with the look of "what the heck?" when they see you changing a cloth diaper in the restroom. Priceless was trying to explain what my daughter was wearing to her 5 & 3 yr old cousins -- cloth diaper was a tough one to explain but their curiosity was adorable!