Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Like Tweet

Meet August's Spotlight MOM: Courtney S.

Name: Courtney S.

City: South Jordan, UT

Mom to: Addison (3 years) and Amelia (9 weeks)

Here's what she has to say about diapering, motherhood and everything in between:

What is the #1 reason you cloth diaper your baby?
When we decided to start using cloth diapers my husband and I were both full-time college students trying to make ends meet. We made the switch to save the $100+ we were spending on diapers each month and fell in love with the concept. I am so proud to be a cloth diapering mommy because of what I am doing for the planet too!

Who has been your biggest cloth diapering supporter/cheerleader?
My husband, Cory. When I came to him about making the switch he never pushed back. He has been there with me every step of the way, spraying poopy diapers, stuffing, and telling me how cute our girls look in our fluffy stash! He is truly the best husband ever!

What is your favorite diaper and why?
I LOVE the bumGenius 4.0. We have NEVER had any problems with them. No leaks, no stains and they fit my girls great even though they are very different builds (one is tall and thin and the other chubby and short).

What is one product you absolutely can't live without!
My bumGenius Diaper Sprayer. BEST. TOOL. EVER. It has made cloth diapering SO EASY!

If you had one superhero power, what would it be and why?
Super Speed. That way I can race through all the stuff I HAVE to do like folding laundry, cleaning the house, etc., and then get back to what is most important like tea parties, pretend safaris, and nature walks with my girls.

Describe your parenting style using three words.
Mellow. Teaching. Love.

How do you think being a mother has changed you?
Parenting has shown me how important a healthy lifestyle is. Before I had my first daughter I weighed 310 pounds and I was very unhealthy. After she was born I decided I needed to change my lifestyle so that I would never leave my beautiful daughter without a mother. I lost 150 pounds over the next 18 months by eating right and working out. I continue to do these activities in order to teach by example, so that my daughters see how much fun being healthy can be. I carry my "healthy" lifestyle into all aspects of my life now. We grow our own garden, walk to the grocery store, recycle and USE CLOTH DIAPERS!!! We are helping this world be a healthier and better place one day at a time!

4 comments:

Sarah Houser said...

What a great interview - Good for you, Courtney!! You look fantastic and your girls are adorable.

jewelry in China said...

admire.. you have two cute babies

Tiffany Law said...

Kudos on the weight loss. I love that you're in school and cloth diapering. i am too. Keep up the great work. Great family.

Kristin said...

wow, great job losing that weight and getting healthy for your family!