Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Like Tweet

January Spotlight Mom

Toni K. is a Cloth Diapering, Charity Running, Green Saving Mama!

Toni K. lives in Broken Arrow, OK and is mom to Michael (2.5 years old) and Samuel (15 months). She launched her own charitable organization to help families in Oklahoma affected by the devastating tornadoes last May. Find out what Toni has to say about diapering, motherhood and everything in between:

What is the #1 reason you cloth diaper your baby? I decided to cloth diaper my little one to save some “green.” The Cotton Babies' "Change 3 Things" Challenge initially inspired me. By only changing three cloth diapers a day, I save an average of $260 a year.

Who has been your biggest cloth diapering supporter/cheerleader? It has to be my husband! He loves that we're saving money, plus it's been so easy!

What is your favorite diaper and why? My favorite diaper has to be the bumGenius 4.0! It's made the transition to cloth diapering effortless. I'm super excited about the bumGenius Freetime.

If you had one superhero power, what would it be and why? I would love to be able to perform several tasks at once. Cook dinner, load the dishwasher, get the washing machine loaded, pocket diapers stuffed, toilet scrubbed, floors mopped, etc. I guess I'm envisioning lots of arms. Now, that would be a funny looking superhero!

Describe your parenting style using three words. Patient. Gentle. Loving.

What is one product you absolutely can't live without! Since my little ones have been dealing with seasonal cold symptoms, my must-have baby product at the moment is a nasal aspirator! I also love my Boppy pillow!

How do you think being a mother has changed you? Becoming a mother has definitely made me a more proactive, ambitious person. These traits drove me to reach out to the Hamil Family after they tragically lost their two sons after the May 24th Oklahoma storms and tornadoes. The initial outreach for the Hamil Family then turned into a charitable endeavor, Shower of Hope Oklahoma, whose desire is to help families and children affected by Oklahoma storms, tornadoes and other natural disasters.

1 comment:

Cosyplay said...

I enjoy reading you Question and answer portion.Thanks for the post I really like your thoughts about being a mother makes you complete because you let to see reality being with your love ones.