Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Like Tweet

Organization is a Way of Life

My friends all joke that I have to have EVERYTHING organized and put away. They swore this would change once I had children. I would laugh and tell them that I taught my students for years to put things away and keep our materials organized. My classroom always had everything put away and neat. There was no reason I would be dis-organized once I had children of my own. So far, it has not changed. As long as I put everything consistently where it belongs, everyone who helps change my daughter is able to find what they need without knocking over stacks of diapers.

I started my stash with just Motherease diapers that were handed down from a friend. I bought a diaper stacker and had my wonderful husband hang it above my daughter’s changing table. There were pockets for wipes and covers. It even has a small shelf that holds diaper liners! I kept the wipe solution in a spray bottle on her changing table along with any creams and powders I might need. This method worked great…until I started building my stash. I realized there was a whole world of diapers out there and started buying lots of them!

In the picture you can see that I have several days’ worth of diapers. I could probably go a whole week without washing them. So, I kept my Motherease diapers in the stacker with the covers and wipes, but had to figure out what to do with the rest of my diapers. Luckily, the changing table has a little cabinet on the side. I sorted the diapers by shelves. The Fuzzibunz, KaWaii and BumGenius diapers are all on the top shelf. Next to those, I keep additional inserts. Underneath of the pocket diapers, I have a supply of pre-folds and swim diapers. They all get folded and separated by brand. I also keep additional wet bags in this cabinet.

I line dry my diapers outside. When I take them off of the line, I organize them by type so I can easily put them away once we get inside.

I have found that as long as I keep the organization consistent, my husband and family members are able to easily help with diaper changes. They can choose their favorite diaper and everything stays folded and neat!

Kate Flint is a full-time teacher and mother of a 9 month old baby girl. She started falling in love with cloth diapers as a little girl and has a serious obsession with fluff!

No comments: