Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Like Tweet

My Husband's Top 5 Favorite Cloth Diapers

I was first introduced to cloth diapers when my oldest was about a year old. A friend of mine used cute covers and prefolds and I loved them but like many people, the idea of the laundry was intimidating. At that time I had to use the laundromat so I pushed it aside and continued using disposables.

When I was pregnant with my second son ten years later I knew that I wanted to at least try cloth diapers. I mentioned it once or twice and could tell that my husband wasn't overly receptive to the idea. This seems to be pretty common so I decided not to push it. I did some research and when my son was six months old I bought my first few cloth diapers. My husband still used the disposables and that was fine, I was easing him in slowly but figured that even if he never came around at least we would save money, a little of the environment, and chemical exposure at least most of the time.

As I bought more cloth diapers I kept my husband in mind. He is a creature of habit who doesn't always love new things so I started to buy more diapers that seemed easy so he would warm up to the idea. Over the past (almost) three years he has expressed some definite opinions about what he does and doesn't like.

If you're looking for some easy diapers for your partner or caregiver, these have been some of the favorites in our house.

AppleCheeks have been one of the diapers that my husband has consistently reached for. They have elastic in the front as well as the back for an easy fit. Another added bonus is that if you have an agitator in your washing machine then the inserts will agitate out of the diaper. No need to unstuff.

Flip Covers with a prefold allow for an easy fit with their stretchy tabs and the flaps inside hold the prefold or insert in place.

bumGenius 4.0 is one of the most popular brands for a reason. Similarly to the Flip, we get a good fit with these because of the stretchy tabs.

Moraki diapers have a wide pocket opening that is easy for big hands to stuff and unstuff which makes them easy to use if you forget to stuff your diapers beforehand.

Prefolds have been his diaper of choice lately which has come as a big surprise to me. We use a small size so we can trifold it and lay it inside. He will use these in plain diaper covers or lay them inside a pocket diaper shell.

If you are trying to win over a skeptical spouse or caregiver, I would suggest giving any of the above options a try. While your experiences may be different from ours, I am sure that at least one of these options will win over the skeptic in your life.

By Regan


Would you like to be a contributor on The Cloth Diaper Whisperer? We're always looking for creative writers who would like to share their cloth diapering tips. To find out more Contact Us

No comments: