Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Like Tweet

I’ve Got That Loving Feeling - With my Diaper Sprayer

For people who cloth diaper, there are a few things that always seem to be shocking to friends and family who do NOT cloth diaper when they find out that you’re a little… well.. different… Who washes them?! How do you wash them?! WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DO WITH THE POOP?!!!?!

Every time this comes up, someone inevitably thinks I have to somehow wipe the poop out of the diaper with my bare hand or something! They are APPALLED that I come within 10 feet of a poop-sicle! Of course, who could blame them? They are used to dealing with disposable diaper poops, which I swear somehow makes an easily plop-able solid poop turn to a mix between peanut butter and sticky tack (remember that?!). They don’t quite understand that most poops can be easily dropped into a toilet where it belongs. But even in cloth diapers, we have those rare occasions when the normal solid poos turn into butter tack, and for those times, we are so thankful to have found the bumGenius Diaper Sprayer!!!!

The bumGenius Diaper Sprayer has to be one of the best things ever invented for those in the world of cloth diapering! Luckily, we bought one as we were starting out, so only a handful of times have we had to ‘dunk and swish’. One of those rare times, we were at my in-laws and my son, who was 1 at the time, had easily one of the biggest explosions of his life.. It was pure butter tack – and it was up his back, down his leg – I swear it was coming out of his nose!! (You’ve been there – you know what I’m talking about!).. The worst part was we were away from home – and without our basic tools.. We swished… and dunked… and flushed… over and over again – it was TERRIBLE!!! We ended up just putting it in the wetbag the best we could and opting to deal with it once we got home. Later, mind you it had been a while, we pulled it out and one go around with the sprayer, and we were back to white!! It was glorious!

Sometimes you don’t appreciate the little things until you’re made to do without them! Best. Invention. Ever.

Bio: My name is Allison Reid and I stay home with my two-year-old little boy, James and my four month old little girl, Finley. My husband and I recently packed up our family and left NY and are now transitioning to the great state of South Carolina! Howdy Y’all!


Would you like to be a contributor on The Cloth Diaper Whisperer? We're always looking for creative writers who would like to share their cloth diapering tips. To find out more Contact Us

No comments: