Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Like Tweet

Meet November's Spotlight MOM: Amy Vancura

Name: Amy Vancura

City: Raleigh, NC

Mom to: Mia, 14 months (pictured)

What is your favorite cloth diaper(s)?
We love the Flip system with inserts I purchased from a WAHM on Etsy. I also really like the FuzziBunz One-Size diapers and bumGenius 4.0 with snaps!

What is the best product you bought for your baby?
Besides cloth diapers, it would be our noise machine... we don't leave home without it!

What is your favorite part about being a cloth diapering mom?
Knowing I'm making a healthier/greener diapering choice for my daughter and the environment.

What cloth diapering challenge did you learn the hard way?
We are actually on Round 2 of cloth diapering. Round 1 consisted of jumping head first into one system (that didn't end up working well) without doing a lot of research and trying different products. For Round 2 we bought one of a lot of different diapers to try before we made a big commitment. This time we also purchased a diaper sprayer and it has been a life saver!
   
What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Brush my teeth.

Who is your favorite TV mom?
Edith Bunker (from All in the Family) - one of my dad's favorite shows

Why did you decide to cloth diaper?
My husband and I talked about cloth diapers when I was pregnant but we couldn't really wrap our heads around the details at that time. Part of our New Year's resolution was to make greener choices for our family. We felt like cloth diapering was a great way to make a big step toward green living... and they are just so cute!

What super power do you wish you had?
Super speed (for cleaning and other not so fun tasks) and I'd love to be able to fly.

No comments: