Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Like Tweet

Cloth Diapers? You’re Crazy!

If I had a nickel for everyone who told me, “This woman is crazy if she think parents are going to cloth diaper again, no way!” I’d, well, have a whole lotta nickels! So many people batted down my idea to invent a modern cloth diaper back in 1999. There were many naysayers.

Albeit, I have to admit that now I hear more often “If those FuzziBunz would have been available when my child was in diapers, I would have definitely used them” or “Those diapers are awesome, I’m so glad I now know about them,” I should start collecting nickels from people who tell me that now.

A valuable lesson I learned along the way was to trust in myself. With all the naysayers out there, I had to trust that cloth diapering could come back in-style and that a strong-willed entrepreneur like myself could make it happen. It was a huge risk starting something that many thought was doomed to fail. But I knew if I focused on these negatives I would, myself, become negative; however, if I focused on what I could control and if I put faith in myself, my ideas and my capabilities, I knew I could do anything.

Today I couldn’t have been more proud to see all the moms turn out to set the world record for most [cloth] diaper changes done simultaneously. It made me smile. And simply by talking to the moms who turned out to my local site, I got a lot of “Those diapers are awesome, I’m so glad I now know about them.” I started to add more shiny nickels to my collection.

Known as the “Mother of the Modern Cloth Diaper,” Tereson Dupuy invented the cloth diaper that started the entire modern cloth diapering movement more than a decade ago. She later turned her invention into what is known today as FuzziBunz cloth diapers, a popular brand of cloth diapers since 2000.  As an inventor, business owner and mom to three, Tereson has many years of personal and professional experience in the cloth diaper industry, and she's excited to work with The Cloth Diaper Whisperer to offer her perspective on cloth diapering trends and insights. She can be found online at www.FuzziBunz.com

2 comments:

Julie said...

You know, I have a new sort of appreciation for the opposition you faced. I have a cloth diapering book from not that long ago that refers to Fuzzi Bunz as a passing fad, and that tried-and-true methods were the better route! Ha, passing fad, I think not! :)

Andrea said...

I would like to say I <3 you, Tereson!!! Because of you- I want to put my son in cloth diapers- not only because it's better for our environment or because I can make them too- but because it saves me money in the end AND it's better for my baby! :) You are amazing. You have an uber amount of followers! :)