Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Like Tweet

November Spotlight Dad

Brian W. – Cloth Diapering Just Like You!

Brian W. lives in Cypress, TX and is dad to Grace (4), Haven (2.5), Josias (1) and Immanuel (11 months). This stay-at-home dad certainly has his hands full! Find out what Brian has to say about diapering, fatherhood and everything in between:

What is the #1 reason you cloth diaper your baby? To save money! Some friends gave us a "diapers for a year" gift certificate to buy disposables when we brought home our baby boys. But with two babies in diapers and one in training pants, that really only equaled free diapers for four months. We decided to dive in and try cloth. So far it has been a good choice for our family.

Who has been your biggest cloth diapering supporter/ cheerleader? Well, I must admit it was my wife's idea. I am a stay-at-home dad, but my wife, being a teacher, is the kind of mom that does lots of research on everything to do with parenting. When she suggested cloth diapers I said, “lets go for it!” She knew that if it was going to work we needed it to be hassle-free. She did lots of research to find "dad" friendly cloth diapers.

What is your favorite diaper and why? We use Kissaluv's One-Size All in One Diaper. It was the closest thing we could find to a cloth version of a disposable diaper. They are easy to use, easy to clean, and the one-size-fits-all means they will take our boys through to potty training (or maybe to another baby?).

If you had one superhero power, what would it be and why? 360-degree vision so that I can watch all four of my children as they move in 400 different directions.

Describe your parenting style using three words. Be there now.

What is one product you absolutely can't live without! My super, airtight diaper pail. I didn't want to spend extra money on a glorified bucket so I used a pail meant to hold pool chlorine tablets. It has a great airtight screw on lid so it keeps in the stink. It holds one wash load worth of diapers (when it’s full I know it’s time to wash) and best of all - it was free!

How do you think being a father has changed you? It has caused a 180-degree change in my priorities. I was married for nearly 19 years when we adopted our first child. Until that time I was concerned about establishing my identity and working towards achieving my personal accomplishments. Ironically, it has been through the adoption of my daughter that I discovered my identity as a father first and as a proponent of adoption second. My concerns are no longer self-centric - my four children come first. I never knew that I had the capacity for so much love. I can love four children, my wife and myself and still have more to give to parentless children.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hooray for cloth diapering dads!! :)