Try Cloth Diapers Risk Free

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Like Tweet

Full Time Mom; Part Time Cloth

It seems to be a little rare that working mothers cloth diaper. I don't know why more haven't jumped on board, but I also completely get it. It sometimes feels like more work than fun. Yes, I think cloth diapering is a little bit fun. But in the thick of stressful times at work, washing, drying, and stuffing diapers late at night isn't particularly appealing.

But I do love it and keep with it. With that being said, my husband's abuela watches the kids while we work. And she doesn't really understand my desire to cloth diaper. She prefers disposable diapers and wipes. While we do pay her, I do want her to be completely comfortable with helping me raise and nurture my children.

So yes, my baby is in a disposable diaper most of the day.

But, every diaper change that I do (especially now that I've figured out night time) is a cloth. Every time I need to, I use a cloth wipe. This works for me. All nights, weekends, every holiday break, and some vacations I get to continue my cloth diaper preference.

This part-time cloth diapering might be the solution for other mothers, too. Even ones that aren't away from the home can try this part-time diapering. I feel that every time, every diaper that doesn't end up in the trash is a bit of an advantage. Even if it's just one cloth diaper a day or one here or there. I think every single family should have a washable diaper in their household. It helps with preparedness, right?

So if anyone feels like full-time cloth diapering isn't quite working, try part-time. Just use one here and there. I think it matters. And you know what? Every now and again, Abuela puts a cloth diaper on my son when I get home. It makes me smile. Every one counts, right?

Bio: Alicia is an 8th grade English and Drama teacher and is a pretty crunchy momma. She shares her Arizona home with a wonderful husband, energetic 4 year old, sweet 11 month old, 1 crazy dog, and 8 happy chickens.


Would you like to be a contributor on The Cloth Diaper Whisperer? We're always looking for creative writers who would like to share their cloth diapering tips. To find out more Contact Us

No comments: